I got my visa back from the Chinese embassy this morning, so I guess that makes it official: I'm going to China. I'm going to be super busy with travels this year. Here's what I have scheduled so far:
April 8-13: Mexico
April 15-29: China, Hong Kong and Taiwan
July 2-5: Los Angeles
July 23-31: Seattle, Alaska cruise
We're probably going to go to Utah for Christmas as well, and I'll go on to Los Angeles by myself the day after Christmas (I always do this when it's a Utah visit year). And I've already been to New York and New Jersey this year, too.
Considering my undying love for all things Chinese, I'm not looking forward to the China trip. It's for work, and the vast majority of my time will be spent in factories and meetings, and when I'm not doing those things, I'll be trying desperately to catch up on email. That means little or no time for friends, wandering around or whatever else I would typically do if I was free. The major upside to all of this, however, is the frequent flyer miles. I'll be flying business class the whole way, so I'm going to rack up some serious miles on this trip. Awesome.
It wouldn't surprise me if I went to China again in the fall. And there might be some more domestic travel, too. What a year it's going to be.
Profile
wisdom in 140 characters or less
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm jealous, meetings and factories aside, you get to go. The ONLY time I have ever been outside the US was my mission.
ReplyDeleteno wonder you haven't been harrassing me on IM recently.:) well, that and you are done with classes. but it's good you're busy.
ReplyDelete