Profile

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Hello.

wisdom in 140 characters or less

Thursday, October 9, 2008

50 questions you've never cared to ask me

When boredom strikes, there's always questionnaires...



1. What do you add to your coffee? I don’t drink coffee—never even tried it. I can’t stand the smell, except for maybe the vanilla-flavored kind.

2. What are you reading now? Textbooks and case studies. Only two more months to go…

3. Do you own a gun? Nope, and I don’t really want to. I enjoy shooting guns, though. An AR-15 assault rifle would be my weapon of choice, if I was going to own a gun.

4. Are you registered to vote? Definitely. Voting makes me feel good.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? A little bit. For some reason, I find health problems rather embarrassing. Stripping in front of a stranger isn’t exactly fun, either.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? Hot dogs are great, and I’m glad I married a woman who likes them too. Baseball games, street dogs, whatever—all are great.

7. Favorite Christmas Song? “Greensleeves” or “Skating” (from the Charlie Brown Christmas Special). I love Christmas music, and have at least 15-20 different Christmas music CDs.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I really like icees in the morning, actually. It’s not as gross as it sounds. Seriously.

9. Can you do push ups? Yes. How many? Probably 10-12 right now. I’m way out of shape.

10. What was the name of your first boyfriend/girlfriend? Grace.

11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My Omega Planet Ocean watch.

12. Favorite hobby? Playing guitar.

13. Do you work with people who idolize you? I seriously doubt it.

14. Do you have ADD? Definitely, but I didn’t before I started using the internet.

15. What’s one trait that you hate about yourself? I’m skeptical of everyone and everything. This is mostly a good thing, really, but not always.

16. What’s your Middle name? Lee

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. I want to go home. The tarragon spread on my roast beef sandwich was too tangy. I hate it when my watch rubs the keyboard when I’m typing.

18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Yesterday, nothing. The day before: tortillas, tortilla chips, 2% milk.

19. Name 3 beverages you regularly drink. Milk, water, icees.

20. Current worry right now? My pricing strategy class. I’m behind.

21. What side do you dress to? Huh?

22. Favorite place to be? Grand Teton National Park.

23. How did you bring in the New Year? I usually sleep through it. January 1 is no different than December 31.

24. Where would you like to go? Antarctica. I’ve been looking into cruises. Way expensive, unfortunately, so it will be a few years before this is a possibility.

25. Name three people who will complete this. There aren’t even three people who will read this.

26. Whose answers do you want to read the most? Anyone’s would be fine.

27. What color shirt are you wearing? Black.

28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Never tried it.

29. Can you whistle? Yes, in three different ways.

30. Favorite colors(s)? Black, blue.

31. Could you be a pirate? Nah.

32. What songs do you sing in the shower? “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen has often been a favorite. “Careless Whisper” by Wham would be another (stop laughing). I’ve had Journey’s greatest hits in my bathroom CD player for the last few days, so sometimes I sing along with that, too.

33. Favorite girl’s name? If I had a daughter, I would name her Rian (pronounced like “Ryan”).

34. Favorite boy’s name? Hamilton

35. What’s in your pocket right now? Wallet, keys, Natural Ice lip balm. I’ve been addicted to the stuff for over a decade.

36. Last thing that made you laugh? Critiquing old Mountain Dew ads in my marketing communications class.

37. Best bed sheets as a child? I don’t know. Never had any interesting ones that I can remember.

38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Mild concussion from being hit by a car while riding my bike.

39. Do you love where you live? It’s pretty good, but “love” is a bit strong of a word.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? Three.

41. Who is your loudest friend? Probably one of my sister friends on my mission. That was a long time ago, so I guess you could say I avoid loud people.

42. How many dogs do you have? None. I prefer cats, and either way, the little lady is allergic to animal hair.

43. Does anyone have a crush on you? Not bloody likely.

44. What are the most fun things you ever did? Travel is the only thing that comes to mind. Study abroad in China was a blast. The time we went to Wyoming together was great. Our recent cruise to Italy/Greece/Turkey was amazing.

45. What are your favorite books?

C.S. Lewis - The Chronicles of Narnia

Lloyd Alexander – The Chronicles of Prydain

Jean-Paul Sartre – No Exit

Albert Camus – The Stranger

46. What is your favorite candy? Lately, it’s been Lindt white chocolate coconut bars.

47. Favorite Team? I don’t care for professional sports.

48. What songs do you want played at your funeral? No idea. When you have 3000+ CDs, it's hard to choose.

49. What were you doing at 12 AM? Sleeping. Always.

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? I’ve got 40 minutes to listen to music before I have to get ready.

2 comments:

  1. i hate the stranger. and albert camus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is really strange but I've always like the name Ryan for a girl and would sometimes tell people that was my name when I was in High School when we'd go out. I spelled it Rion though.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive