Profile

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Hello.

wisdom in 140 characters or less

Friday, September 26, 2008

the milky way, revisited

We were in Super Target the other day, and I was jonesin' for some organic milk. They didn't have Organic Valley, but they did have Archer Farms, which is one of Target's private label brands (and one of my favorite private label brands anywhere). I reluctantly purchased half a gallon of 2%. At $3.79, it was still more expensive than a non-organic gallon, but I really needed my fix.

I was skeptical, to say the least. The non-organic milk that Target sells (their Market Pantry private label brand, if memory serves) really sucks--weak flavor, almost tasteless. I avoid it whenever possible. Archer Farms, however, did not disappoint. I immediately declared their organic 2% offering a triumph, and had the little lady pick me up another half gallon when she was there a few days later.

I haven't done a side-by-side taste test yet, but Archer Farms might be even better than Organic Valley. I didn't think that was even possible. Now, if they could only make it a little cheaper...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive