If someone questions the nutritional value of something I/we are about to eat, I often comment that "I don't want to live forever." In some ways, that's partially true. I don't want to live so long that I'm no longer able to enjoy the life I've been able to lead--dignity, level of activity and many other factors play into this viewpoint.
If I stay in this part of Minnesota, however, I may not get my wish. The county we live in Carver, ranks third in the nation for highest life expectancy. A few other counties in MN, including Washington and Dakota in the Twin Cities, also made the list. Check it out:
http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/105744/Best-Places-for-a-Long-Life
Profile
wisdom in 140 characters or less
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(129)
-
▼
September
(15)
- further evidence of my clairvoyance
- song lyrics for a saturday, part 2
- the milky way, revisited
- gas mileage is ruining my fun
- ode to an apple
- song lyrics for a saturday, part 1
- join us on the dark side
- I don't want to live forever
- melinda
- maybe isolation isn't so great
- on the outside looking in
- the milky way
- seventeen
- endless fields
- I'd rather have cancer than...
-
▼
September
(15)

No comments:
Post a Comment