Profile

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Hello.

wisdom in 140 characters or less

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

further evidence of my clairvoyance

Some of you may have seen that the headquarters of a Minnesota company, Petters Group (currently the owner of Sun Country Airlines, Polaroid, etc.), was raided as part of a federal probe last week. The home of the chairman and founder, Tom Petters, was also raided. Tom Petters stepped down from the company today. Apparently, he's accused of defrauding investors and banks of as much as $2 billion.

I interviewed for a financial analyst position at Petters Group not long after I was promoted to my previous position back in 2005. The person whom I replaced had gotten a job at Petters, and recommended me to his boss. I went to the interview, and my friend walked me around their headquarters after that. I didn't have very good feelings about the place. It seemed dark and dreary. People didn't look happy to be there. My friend told me that he had to work crazy hours, and that Tom Petters liked to go around screaming at people when he was unhappy about something. It didn't take me long to decide that I didn't want to work there. Ever. I didn't pursue the job after that.

I guess I made the right choice.

1 comment:

  1. You told me you don't believe in God, but do you think that just maybe He helped you make a decision about where to work?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive