Profile

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Hello.

wisdom in 140 characters or less

Thursday, February 19, 2009

judgment night 2: a good day to start drinking

After a month or so of waiting, February 19 is almost here. And what is February 19? The day my employer announces layoffs. Everyone has been on edge since it was first announced that there would be involuntary layoffs, so I'm glad that tomorrow is almost here. There will be large group meetings, individual meetings, some chaos and probably a fair amount of tears. Those who still have jobs will be thrilled; those who lose their jobs will have opportunities to apply for the new jobs that are supposedly being created, but more than half will likely be out of a job altogether.

This week has been a dark week. The office has been a dreary place. There are lots of quiet whispers, hallway conversations and watercooler gatherings, everyone wondering what's going to happen to them. Honestly, I haven't been too worried, but I do want closure. I always need closure.

A co-worker joked to me that today would be a good day for me to start drinking. He's probably right.

2 comments:

  1. So what happened? I saw a little of the scene outside Best Buy on the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote an entry about it. Check 'er out.

    ReplyDelete