Profile

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Hello.

wisdom in 140 characters or less

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ignorance is bliss, or, the twins vs. whoever

My team scored a ton of tickets to this evening's Twins game, so I decided to go along since I'd never been to the new stadium, and because it seemed like the politically expedient thing to do (gotta love work functions).

We had a private rooftop all to ourselves, and this was nice because it provided space to move around and distractions for folks like me who find sporting events about as interesting as watching paint dry. Also, hot dogs, brats, chicken fingers, chips, baked goods and sodas were catered to said rooftop, so all in all, it turned out to be a pretty decent evening. I still have no idea who the Twins were playing, and I left in about the 6th inning or so, but that's OK. I hope Kirby Puckett got that hat trick he was going for or whatever.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I saw that picture on your facebook and was wondering if you were a fan of baseball... I didn't think you were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not actually a fan of any sport. I don't pay attention to any of them and usually only attend for political reasons or to sample the food.

    Photography can be fun at these events, though. I entertained myself by taking a lot of random photos of people I work with using the 100mm macro, but didn't post any of them here. I should have taken the 100-400mm for game itself, but wasn't in the mood to lug it around.

    ReplyDelete