Yup, these were all taken with the 100-400. I actually went outside with both it and the 100mm macro, but spring in MN doesn't offer too many great opportunities for taking pictures of bugs and flowers and stuff. Still, I did take a few macro photos and will post them in the next couple of days. The macro lens is great for portraits, too.
Yeah, I know a lot of people who use the macro lens as their portrait lens, too. In fact, I used mine on the 5D last weekend (I posted a link to the really small version in my last post):
Nice detail on that shot. I posted one portrait in my latest entry. I was really pleased with how the lens performed for that function, so I'll have to use it more.
Cool. What were these taken with? The 100-400? When are you going to be posting some good macro shots?
ReplyDeleteYup, these were all taken with the 100-400. I actually went outside with both it and the 100mm macro, but spring in MN doesn't offer too many great opportunities for taking pictures of bugs and flowers and stuff. Still, I did take a few macro photos and will post them in the next couple of days. The macro lens is great for portraits, too.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I know a lot of people who use the macro lens as their portrait lens, too. In fact, I used mine on the 5D last weekend (I posted a link to the really small version in my last post):
ReplyDeletehttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2402/4511884407_1252edff99_o.jpg
Nice detail on that shot. I posted one portrait in my latest entry. I was really pleased with how the lens performed for that function, so I'll have to use it more.
ReplyDelete