For those of you who haven't noticed, Minnesota's most blessed creation--the Honeycrisp apple--is back in season. I've seen 'em in Target, Walmart (I'm so ashamed that I went in there, but at least it was for work purposes and I didn't buy anything) and Rainbow. So, pretend like you don't care that they're more expensive than pretty much every other apple ever conceived and get yourself over to your nearest grocery establishment so you can feast on some of the finest produce ever conceived. I had one this morning and it made the Pink Lady apples I've been eating for the last few months taste like poo by comparison.
The little lady's going to make an apple pie with some tomorrow night, and I'm practically wetting my pants just thinking about it. I'm going to be super disappointed if our Thursday night guest from mainland China turns up her nose at it. When it comes to American desserts, you can never predict how foreigners will react.
Profile
wisdom in 140 characters or less
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(112)
-
▼
September
(11)
- the wrath of god unleashed, or, what my stomach fe...
- the warm embrace of the reaper
- the beginning of fall
- things that are overrated
- john adams: pretty darn good
- mixed drinks
- public service announcement: honeycrisp apples are...
- on the road again
- the first day of school / backwards celebrations
- entertaining metal video
- anyone have any caribbean recommendations?
-
▼
September
(11)

I recommend Costco, you buy 12 at a time but there are .66/lb. Yes, you read that right.
ReplyDeleteCoworker Rebecca
I want to try these apples sometime! They sound amazing.
ReplyDelete