Profile

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Hello.

wisdom in 140 characters or less

Friday, August 29, 2008

lunch with the little lady

When we first got married, we lived just a couple minutes away from my office. Becca's office was 15 minutes away, and we only had one car. We would sometimes have lunch together. She'd pick up fast food and then drive to my office to pick me up. We'd sit in the car, eat lunch and chat for 20 minutes or so, and then she'd have to go back to work. All that driving around for only 20 minutes of being together was probably a major waste of gas, but I always enjoyed it and have fond memories of sitting with Becca during my lunch hour.

Our first car, a little Mitsubishi Mirage, was where we ate all of these lunches:


My office moved to a new location a couple years after we got married. The new location is 20 minutes farther away from Becca's office than the previous location, so we rarely have lunch together any more, which is too bad. I don't have kids, but I see mothers with kids that come to visit "dad" for lunch at my office and always think that it's great that they do that. It's too bad the wife can't come visit me for lunch any more.

I left the office early today, and drove to Becca's office and picked her up for lunch. We went to a nearby Chinese restaurant and spent about an hour there. It was a lot of fun to spend time with her during the day. I also like seeing her when she's a little more dressed up, since I usually leave home before she's dressed for the day, and often don't see her when she gets home. She looked great today.

I came home, turned on the TV and fell asleep on the sofa shortly after. When I woke up, there was an icee straw on my laptop. Becca had picked up an icee (one of my favorite things) for me on her way home from work, and had put it in the fridge so I could have it when I woke up. What a great afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. she is super nice. do you have 7-11's there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No 7-11's anywhere in Minnesota. It's a travesty.

    ReplyDelete