Profile

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Hello.

wisdom in 140 characters or less

Monday, June 15, 2009

saturday at the museum / sunday at home

All I've done lately is worked, so I decided we needed a change yesterday. After searching online for something cheap to do, I settled on the Minneapolis Institute of Art, an art museum in downtown Minneapolis that we had never visited. If you've never been, I recommend going. The majority of the museum is free, and the free part includes everything from Native American art to works by masters such as Van Gogh, Monet and Renoir.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today has been pretty quiet, but I did go outside and take some photos. Minnesota has a nice variety of weather and cloud formations, and the clouds were very cool this afternoon, so I put on a sloppy outfit and went outside. Becca saw me as she was driving home from church and offered to drive me around to get more photos, which was nice. All of these photos are from outside my front door or a few minutes drive from our home.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I hope you guys don't get the storms we've been having here. You'll probably get them a lot worse than what we've had. If you do get some thunder storms, though, it's worth it to take your camera out with a tripod and a remote trigger to get some shots. I've been wanting to do that here, but the lighting is sparse and the rain is already beating down by the time it's striking anywhere close.

    Anyway, I like the shots of the sky you have there. These kinds of clouds come out really dramatic when you're shooting with the 10-22... Actually, any clouds come out amazing with the 10-22 attached.

    The Minneapolis Institute of Art looks like it would be an interesting visit... I mean, we have the Springville Art Museum and all, but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We usually get heavy storms in the summer, so I'm hoping to get some good photo opportunities. The best storms we've had thus far have been at night, unfortunately.

    The cloud photos from yesterday were actually taken with the 24-105 f/4L + Hoya polarizer. I would have taken the 10-22 out as well, but I wasn't originally planning on walking more than a few yards from our front door when Becca pulled up in her car and offered to drive me around. Still, the 24-105 works pretty well at its widest angle, which I used for the majority of the shots I took.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cloud photos. Dan has been to that museum without me, but now I feel like I should go too.

    ReplyDelete