Profile

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Hello.

wisdom in 140 characters or less

Monday, October 18, 2010

apple orchard afternoon

We met my older brother and his family in southeastern Minnesota yesterday afternoon. Our destination was a local apple orchard. I decided to limit myself to my 50mm prime and my 100mm macro lenses for the event. I thought things turned out pretty well.

Photobucket

The little lady's new buzzcut:
Photobucket

Into a corn maze:
Photobucket

I nicknamed my oldest nephew "Captain Destroyer" because I noticed that he liked pulling corn off of stalks and tearing the stalks down. He thought that was pretty funny:
Photobucket

Lili was missing a few teeth. I don't think she was the only one:
Photobucket

There were also pumpkins that could be purchased from the fields:
Photobucket

In search of apples:
Photobucket

I pulled out my macro lens for a while and had a bit of fun with close-ups. Rotten apples:

Photobucket

Cool detail on my nephew's eyes. Too bad I can't do anything really high resolution here:
Photobucket

The macro lens works well for portraits and other things, too.

Photobucket

Since they were free, my brother started eating apples off the ground--gross. At least he was eating one off the tree in this photo (I think):

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment