Being back has been both good and bad. I didn't miss sitting in an office all day, or dealing with corporate bureaucracy. I did miss, however, being productive in those environments. It's good to see factories, meet people and discuss the future, but that took up so much of my time while I was gone that most of my "real" work didn't get done. A week and a half later, I'm still digging myself out of the hole.
I have more to write about my trip, but for now, I'll just share some more photos.
Ever wonder where all those gadgets and gizmos that enhance your life come from? Here's a typical factory production line:

Factory attire is in this year:



You thought Britney Spears and Michael Jackson were bad parents? They've got nothing on this lady:

Why drink from a cup when you can have the whole pitcher?

Chinese food is so much more colorful and interesting than our food:



A typical meal on my trip. I'd only been there for a couple days by the time this picture was taken, and by the look on my face, you can tell I'm already tired of big group meals. I think this was the worst meal I had on the whole trip. Strange, considering the yummy coagulated pig blood that was in my soup and all the tasty items that were served that had been scraped from the ocean floor.

Hot pot!

More hot pot!

It didn't take long for me to get bored and start making faces and doing weird things.


As weird as I might sometimes be, people in Taiwan take it to a whole new level with their fashions and hairstyles.




Hong Kong rules. I'll never get tired of this view.

Special thanks to my co-worker for lugging his DSLR around everywhere and getting these cool shots.

Very cool photos. I don't know how well I'd be able to do the food. We went to a Chinese restaurant in Salt Lake for one of my friend's birthday a while ago and they seemed to serve some pretty authentic stuff like chicken feet and pig's blood. The place was a total dump. I played it safe and just got rice and a coke, which was served warm in a can.
ReplyDeleteOh wow. I never get tired of that view either.
ReplyDeleteTerina passed your pictures on to me- since my hubby and I are both longing to return to Asia.
Thanks for sharing.
Shelly