Our first stop in Boston was the Museum of Fine Arts. We got raped on tickets and parking ($72 total--ouch), but we saw some very cool art, including a few pieces by Van Gogh, who is my favorite artist. We also walked through the special exhibition they had going, which was dedicated to the Venetian masters Titian, Tintoretto and Veronese. No photos were allowed in that part of the museum, unfortunately, but at least photos were allowed everywhere else. I found that a bit unusual, considering you usually get tackled when you try to take a picture of a work by a famous artist like Van Gogh or Monet.
The Museum:

A very cool piece depicting the seventh plague Moses unleashed on Egypt, by John Martin:

I wasn't previously very familiar with the work of Manet (not Monet), but I really liked his choice of colors and brush strokes:

Four Van Gogh works. I used to have a poster of the first:



No comments:
Post a Comment