Profile

My photo
Minnesota, United States
Hello.

wisdom in 140 characters or less

Sunday, March 7, 2010

the green hills of los angeles

Greetings from Seattle. Another day, another layover.

Most people wouldn't call LA "green"--it's typically hot, dry, and smoggy. In the summer, most of the area is dull shades of brown and green--sagebrush, chaparral and the like. As you may have heard, southern CA has gotten a lot of rain this year, so the hills and mountains are very green and grassy right now. For someone who spent roughly 20 years of his life there, it's a very exciting thing, because it's never looked like this that I can remember.

My mom and I decided to go for a short walk in the wilderness park by her home, and I got some pretty cool shots of the hills and mountains in the area. I had great weather the entire time I was there--highs in the 60's, which was a nice change from the frozen wastes of Minnesota.

Anyway, enjoy the photos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment